How to Check In
- If you completely check in at pre-event check-in, you will not need to check in on the day of the Plunge, and can arrive in time for your designated Plunge time (if your Plunge event assigns times).
- Only attend pre-check in if you’ve finished your fundraising efforts. Incentives are distributed at pre-registration and cannot be exchanged.
- Team captains may check in their team members if they have the following for each team member:
- all cash and check donations (checks can be written out to SOMN)
- desired incentive item and size
- online registration for team member—if not, participant will need to register themselves and sign a waiver on site
What to Bring
- A towel. All Plungers are encouraged to bring their own towel to dry off with afterwards.
- Old shoes/aquatic shoes. You’ll have to walk out on the ice and sometimes wait a moment for others to jump, so please bring and wear an old pair of shoes that you won’t mind getting wet, as well as dry replacement shoes.
- Duffel Bag/backpack/garbage bag (to keep wet separate from dry). It’s a good idea to bring a bag with you for dry clothes and to store your wet clothes when you’re done Plunging.
- Dry replacement clothes. After you’re finished Plunging, it’s nice to have some warm, dry replacement clothes for the journey home!
- All Plungers must wear shoes. Secured footwear is preferred—no flip flops.
- No diving or flipping.
- We advise you not to Plunge after drinking alcohol. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to Plunge.
- Costumes must be appropriate and non-discriminatory.
- Plungers are responsible for their personal items. Special Olympics Minnesota is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen. We recommend leaving valuables at home or with a spectator