Things to know
– Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are required to limit the number of people at our in-person Plunges. Per Minnesota Department of Health regulations, we can allow no more than 13 people in each changing tent at a time.
– You must sign up for a Plunge time in advance and cannot choose one on site.
– Plunge timeslots open approximately three days before the in-person Plunge date.
– If someone registers for a team after the team captain has registered for a timeslot, that person might not be able to Plunge at the same time as everyone else on the team. We’re only allowed to have a certain number of people at the Plunge site at any given time, and if a timeslot is full, we can’t add anyone else.
– Any teams/individual participants not signed up by noon on the Friday before the Plunge will be automatically assigned a time.
– If something has come up and you’re no longer able to Plunge, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an accurate count of participants.
Are you participating in a Cool School Plunge or a 5K?
You do not need to choose a timeslot for these events.
Are you on a team?
Your captain will register your entire team for a timeslot. You will receive an email confirming your timeslot (see example). Check with them for the time you’ll be Plunging.
Are you a team captain?
– Log into your account.
– Look for the timeslot registration button on your Account Overview page (see example) or on your Edit Team page (see example).
– Due to capacity limitations and scheduling timing, your team may need to be split across multiple timeslots. But don’t worry: You’ll all get to take the Plunge!
– Both you and your team members will receive an email telling you when you’ll be Plunging, and you can also see your scheduled time on your Account Overview page (see example).
Are you not part of a team?
– Log into your account.
– Look for the timeslot registration button on your Account Overview page (see example).
– You will receive an email telling you when you’ll be Plunging, and you can also see your scheduled time on your Account Overview page (see example).
COVID-19 symptom screenings
Each event attendee will be required to complete COVID-19 symptom screening prior to entering the Plunge site by using the ProtectWell app.
The app uses a symptom screener to determine whether you are cleared for our event or should stay home due to exposure or symptoms. Checking-in with ProtectWell takes just a few seconds.
– Prior to the Plunge date, please download the ProtectWell app (IOS | Android) and create an account. If you are a new user, you will be prompted to join an organization—this is not a required field and we do not have an Organization Code for you to enter.
– The day of the Plunge, complete your symptom screening before arriving on site.
– You will be required to show your clearance at check-in. There will be an alternative in-person screening option on site.
– Prior to arriving at the race site, all participants, staff and volunteers must complete the COVID symptom screening on the ProtectWell app.
– There will be a strict 225 runner max capacity to adhere to current gathering size restrictions.
– Due to COVID-19 restrictions for gathering size, no spectators are allowed at the 2021 Frozen 5K.
– All participants will need to wear a mask in the starting area and after finishing the race. No masks will be required during the race!
– All staff and volunteers will remain masked throughout the event.
– Disposable masks and hand sanitizing stations will be available in the start/finish area.
– The race will start in waves of 25 people every 3 minutes to encourage social distancing during the 5K.
– No race day registrations accepted. Register in advance to lock in your spot!
– Runners must follow social distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet away from other participants, staff and volunteers whenever possible.
– No post-race gathering will be allowed. Celebrate your race as you cross the finish line, then head home to recover!
Other Safety Measures
We want to make sure that you feel safe and comfortable at our in-person Plunge events! Social distancing guidelines will be in place and masks will be required for everyone on site. Check out the other measures we’re taking to host healthy events.
For more details, please review our event Preparedness Plan (PDF).