Minneapolis Frozen 5K
Saturday, April 17
Race begins at 8:00 a.m. (subject to change)
pre-plunge check inThere is no pre-Plunge check in this year—everyone must check in on the day of the event.
day-of plunge check inPlease arrive 15 minutes before your 5K. Parking is available on site (no shuttles due to COVID-19 restrictions).
MINNEAPOLIS FROZEN 5K
The run before the Plunge is back in Minneapolis! Register today for a 5K race around Bde Maka Ska, followed by a full day of Polar Plunge and much more!
If you would like to dash and splash, you must register for both the Frozen 5K ($35 race fee) and the Minneapolis Plunge ($75 fundraising minimum). If you are planning on participating in both the 5K and Plunge, you must raise at least $110 total.
RACE FEE – $35
Once you are registered for the Minneapolis Frozen 5K, you can pay your fee in the form of a self-donation onto your account. If you’re interested in earning more incentives, you can fundraise beyond the $35 race fee and receive some of these great items (the Polar Plunge shirt will be replaced by a Frozen 5K shirt).
5K SAFETY MEASURES
– Prior to arriving at the race site, all participants, staff and volunteers must complete the COVID symptom screening on the ProtectWell app.
– There will be a strict 225 runner max capacity to adhere to current gathering size restrictions.
– Due to COVID-19 restrictions for gathering size, no spectators are allowed at the 2021 Frozen 5K.
– All participants will need to wear a mask in the starting area and after finishing the race. No masks will be required during the race!
– All staff and volunteers will remain masked throughout the event.
– Disposable masks and hand sanitizing stations will be available in the start/finish area.
– The race will start in waves of 25 people every 3 minutes to encourage social distancing during the 5K.
– No race day registrations accepted. Register in advance to lock in your spot!
– Runners must follow social distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet away from other participants, staff and volunteers whenever possible.
– No post-race gathering will be allowed. Celebrate your race as you cross the finish line, then head home to recover!
Anoka County Sheriff’s Office
Anoka Police Department
Chippewa Spring Water
Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office & Water Patrol
JP Premier Excavating
Lynn Cronquist Photography
Metro Transit Police Department
Minneapolis Emergency Communications Center
Minneapolis Park Police Department
Minneapolis Police Department
Minneapolis Police Reserves
Minnesota State Patrol
Plymouth Police Department
Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis
University of Minnesota Police Department
Unlimited Outdoor Services Inc.
Warning Lites of Minnesota